2024 Super Bowl odds, pick prediction: by ~Cody Benjamin CBS/NFL

Search
Tokens
Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs get past 49ers for hard-fought repeat title.
Article By Cody Benjamin CBS/ NFL contributor to [DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders ~[Cleveland OH] "Just an outstanding article for the Super Bowl"

It's showtime, baby. After 21 weeks of regular-season and postseason action, the 2023 NFL campaign will conclude with Super Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11, live from Las Vegas with the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers vying for this year's ultimate prize.

On one hand, this matchup is precisely what many could've forecast back in Week 1. The Chiefs are reigning champions. The 49ers came within one win of playing K.C. in last year's Super Bowl. And yet their respective journeys have infused the upcoming heavyweight brawl with added drama: Patrick Mahomes and Co. were curiously sluggish before rediscovering title-caliber swagger this postseason, while Brock Purdy and the 49ers found their own level of crunch-time fortitude in January.

Love them or hate them, these two teams feature some of the best talent in the NFL by a relatively wide margin, combining for 10 conference championship appearances in the last six years. In other words, their battle is must-see TV.
The 49ers are currently the oddsmakers' favorite to hoist the trophy, which on some level is quite ridiculous considering the Chiefs' undeniable track record during the Mahomes-Andy Reid era. But it speaks to the talent pool in San Francisco.

The 49ers finished 2023 with the No. 2-ranked offense -- No. 3 rushing, No. 4 passing, and No. 3 in scoring, averaging almost 29 points per game -- and they've been even better in the playoffs. Why? Because as erratic as Purdy was to start the 49ers' first postseason matchup with the Green Bay Packers, he's coming off back-to-back game-winning drives and second-half comebacks, silencing the notion he and Kyle Shanahan's offense are only built to play with a lead. Across the board, Purdy's weapons are also superior to those of the Chiefs, with Christian McCaffrey and Deebo Samuel starring as after-contact workhorses, George Kittle remaining an over-the-middle safety valve and Brandon Aiyukstretching the field out wide.
They say defense wins championships, however, and while San Francisco has a reputation for fast, physical play on that side -- with Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw and ex-Chiefs starter Charvarius Ward among top playmakers -- the Chiefs actually have a clear advantage here. Steve Spagnuolo's in the midst of his best stretch as Reid's defensive coordinator, and he's got imposing difference-makers on every level -- Chris Jones and George Karlaftis up front, Nick Bolton in the middle, L'Jarius Sneed and Justin Reid on the back end. Not since 1995 have the Chiefs surrendered fewer yards per game.

Whereas the playoffs have only brought out the Chiefs' best on defense, with the Miami Dolphins and Baltimore Ravens both thoroughly blanked against their front, the 49ers have found trouble against both the Packers and Detroit Lions, only tightening the screws after first surrendering a lead.

And then, of course, there's the elephant and/or signal-caller of destiny in the room: Mahomes. Without the hard-nosed ground support of Isiah Pacheco, the inevitable chain-moving availability of Travis Kelce or the emergent downfield speed of Rashee Rice, the Chiefs quarterback isn't always capable of stealing the show himself. But most of the time, he is. Fourteen career playoff wins? Looking for Super Bowl ring No. 3 at age 28? The guy's legacy has already been etched and discussed ad nauseum, but it doesn't change the fact he's been there, done that, at the highest level, not so unlike Tom Brady of the peak New England Patriots years.

Purdy's a special story in San Francisco. He really is. At 24, the kid has a chance to prove once and for all that he's not just a product of the Shanahan system and supporting cast, but rather the dynamic glue that maximizes the whole endeavor. He, like Jalen Hurts with the Philadelphia Eagles a year ago, probably also has the overall talent advantage, comparing one team's lineup to the next. But that advantage didn't lift the Eagles when it mattered most, and Shanahan's actually proven less aggressive when push comes to shove. With all that said, the prediction here is another Chiefs parade, but only after a hard-fought slugfest.
Call it 27-21, Chiefs, and one heck of a Super Bowl show.

Tokens
Defensively, Kansas City is allowing 13.7 points and 322.7 yards per game.

Defensively, San Francisco is allowing 21 points and 330 yards per game.

San Francisco 49ers are probably the better, more balanced team and should be favored. The 49ers are winning, but they’ve failed to cover each of their last 3 games and 5 of their last 7 games overall. However, the Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes, and I’m just not betting against the guy. There are a handful of players in sports you don’t bet against, and Mahomes has become one of those players. Michal Jordan, Tom Brady, Michael Phelps are on that short list as well. Mahomes as an underdog also has terrific value when you consider he’s 10-1-1 ATS as an underdog throughout his career, and 9 of those 10 covers were outright victories. Oddsmakers have made the Chiefs underdogs twice in these playoffs, and neither game was that competitive. Steve Spagnuolo having two weeks to game plan for Purdy is something I like. I’m not betting against Mahomes, a guy who is 28 years old and chasing down his third ring, especially when I can get plus money on him. Give me the Chiefs ML on Super Bowl Sunday.

Handicapper
Tokens
Dont want to screw ip your thread Harry, but Those Cleveland boys arent looking at factors that will lead what is to come.

Level of Competition is always the biggest thing and so is Common opponents.

I pulled this from my thread. If KC wins this they have to do better vs SF than the three teams they faced...
It shows why SF had a hard time for the first half with Detroit.

For the SF side vs the KC bettors... Here's another fact in my capping process.
Let me point out how difficult Detroit was to beat.
KC was ranked 17th in Run and 8th in Passing.
Baltimore was ranked 1st in Run and 21st in passing.
Buffalo was 5th in run and 11th in passing.

Detroit was Ranked 7th in Run and 2nd in passing,.
Better than all three above over all with a true balance.

SF is #3 in Run and #4 in passing. Better than everyone!...^^^

BOL on your play...

Tokens
Dont want to screw ip your thread Harry, but Those Cleveland boys arent looking at factors that will lead what is to come.

Level of Competition is always the biggest thing and so is Common opponents.

I pulled this from my thread. If KC wins this they have to do better vs SF than the three teams they faced...
It shows why SF had a hard time for the first half with Detroit.

For the SF side vs the KC bettors... Here's another fact in my capping process.
Let me point out how difficult Detroit was to beat.
KC was ranked 17th in Run and 8th in Passing.
Baltimore was ranked 1st in Run and 21st in passing.
Buffalo was 5th in run and 11th in passing.

Detroit was Ranked 7th in Run and 2nd in passing,.
Better than all three above over all with a true balance.

SF is #3 in Run and #4 in passing. Better than everyone!...^^^

BOL on your play...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205_201507_PhotoLayers.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_201507_PhotoLayers.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 1,670

Tokens

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240205_202101_PhotoLayers.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_202101_PhotoLayers.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 1,658

Handicapper
Tokens
itchyhack^

They missed the mark on that rediculous post.

That opinion is way off as the Niners beat 6 playoff teams during the season SU and also, they had 5 turnovers in that Baltimore game and Still out gained the Ravens by 100 yds.

Throw that post away and try to find a better reason for the Chiefs to win...

Tokens
They needed a lions fumble to win game
Chiefs haven't turned ball over on offense
In Playoff

Handicapper
Tokens
They needed a lions fumble to win game
Chiefs haven't turned ball over on offense
In Playoff
At That moment -Yes - they did win off that TO. But BOTH teams had 1 turnover.

If Lions were smart enough to kick the FG late (instead of going for it on 4th down) and tie the game - maybe oy would have been a different outcome but - SF was shutting them down in the second half anyway and looking at how that game totally flipped at half time, the Niners would have probably won in OT..

Remember - Detroit only scored the last minute TD because SF was up by 10 pts and went to the prevent 'D" to kill clock and get the ball back...
BOL

Tokens
The total for this pick is 61.5; Kittle had 62+ receiving yards in eight of the previous 11 games. He is facing the Lions’ defense, which hasn’t been good against passing this year. Detroit allows 247.4 ypg through the air, while the 49ers have the 4th best pass offense that averages 257.9 ypg.
Kittle is a solid option in the end zone, and I believe Brock Purdy and his offense will get multiple end zone opportunities on Sunday. This is for the bettors who want to back Kittle to score a TD here. For our bet, though, I think four or five receptions would be more than enough for Kittle to get 62+ receiving yards.

Tokens

~Andrew Wilsher~ article contributor to the to the [DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders ~[Cleveland OH]

I couldn’t imagine saying this a couple of months ago, but I think the Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl once again. Kansas City looked unimpressive pretty much from start to finish during the regular season, but it appears they were merely working out some kinks and waiting to kick it into high gear once the postseason began. The Chiefs just beat the Bills and Ravens in back-to-back road playoff games, and they eliminated the 1-seed Ravens without even breaking much of a sweat.

Patrick Mahomes and the passing game look as good as they have all season, but it’s Steve Spagnuolo’s defense that will be the difference here. Spagnuolo just embarrassed the likely MVP Lamar Jackson, holding the Ravens to just 10 points. Brock Purdy isn’t nearly as good as Jackson is, and he’s struggled mightily in the first half of each of San Francisco’s 2 playoff games. Last week, he had several terrible plays including an interception that helped get his team in a 24-7 hole, and they only squeaked into the Super Bowl because of an all-time meltdown from Detroit that included multiple failed fourth-down conversions and a fumble deep in their own territory.

Purdy also was dreadful for much of their Divisional Round game against the Packers, missing throws all night long before finally stepping up for the final drive of the game. And that Green Bay game came down to the wire even though San Francisco was a double-digit favorite. The 49ers’ defense isn’t nearly as good as you might believe, and the unit took a big blow last offseason when DeMeco Ryans left to become head coach of the Texans. They’ve quietly consistently struggled when playing top offenses, and the Lions were even able to run the ball all over their vaunted defensive front last week.

In their last test of the regular season, the 49ers got shredded by Baltimore as they gave up 33 in a blowout loss — the same Baltimore team that the Chiefs just dominated. Kansas City has been in this spot plenty of times and won’t be fazed by the bright lights, while Purdy has looked overwhelmed at times during the playoffs even at home in front of friendly crowds. After starting 5-0, San Francisco went 7-5 down the stretch. They weren’t some juggernauts, and they’ve come very close to blowing both of their playoff games as massive favorites. KC +2 !!!

Tokens
I consider this is one best prop bets for the Super Bowl ~Pacheco OVER 66.5 rushing yards~. Pacheco's running style is more "extra" than "economical," but that hasn't stopped Andy Reid from feeding him the ball, particularly since the Chiefs' bye (Week 10). Pacheco has answered the call, averaging 83 rushing yards per game over his past eight contests. He has additionally cleared the above number in each of his postseason outings. Meanwhile, note the 49ers' run defense has struggled down the stretch, allowing Jones and Montgomery to clear the above line in back-to-back games.

Tokens
The total for this pick is 61.5; Kittle had 62+ receiving yards in eight of the previous 11 games. He is facing the Lions’ defense, which hasn’t been good against passing this year. Detroit allows 247.4 ypg through the air, while the 49ers have the 4th best pass offense that averages 257.9 ypg.
Kittle is a solid option in the end zone, and I believe Brock Purdy and his offense will get multiple end zone opportunities on Sunday. This is for the bettors who want to back Kittle to score a TD here. For our bet, though, I think four or five receptions would be more than enough for Kittle to get 62+ receiving yards.
🤔

Handicapper
Tokens
Mr. Harry. The Lions aren't in the Super Bowl lolololol

Tokens
Article by Bill Bender [ Sporting News] contributor to [DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders ~[Cleveland OH] "Just an outstanding article for the Super Bowl"

In three previous Super Bowl appearances, Mahomes has a 61.8-percent completion percentage with five TDs and four interceptions. Those aren’t overwhelming numbers, but he was great in the clutch in the Super Bowl victories against the 49ers and Eagles.

The connection with Kelce has been the focal point of the offense. Kelce has 23 receptions on 27 targets with 257 yards and three TDs in the playoffs, and that is going to be the key matchup against San Francisco linebackers Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw. Rashee Rice is the other possession target on the outside, but Mahomes will take a handful of vertical shots with the receivers. That is where the edge pressure from Bosa – who had two sacks in the NFC championship game – and Chase Young must be a difference maker. How will Chiefs tackles Donovan Smith and Jawaan Taylor hold up?

Isiah Pacheco will be the X-factor. Green Bay and Detroit combined to average 159 rushing yards per game and had success on the edge against the 49ers. Pacheco excels at running through contact, too.

San Francisco has a multi-faceted offense around Purdy, who has a 61.4-percent completion percentage with three TDs and one interception in the postseason. He has taken just two sacks in those games, and the Chiefs will try to change that with an elite defensive line led by Chris Jones and edge rusher George Karlaftis, who has 2.5 sacks in the postseason. Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo has been a part of three Super Bowl championship teams.

How do the Chiefs slow down McCaffrey, who had 188 rushing yards and four TDs against Detroit and Green Bay? McCaffrey was not on the field in that last Super Bowl, and he stands to get 20-plus touches in this game.

The matchup on the outside between Samuel – who will have two weeks to rest a shoulder injury – and cornerback L’Jarius Sneed will be a must-watch matchup. Tight end George Kittle is the key player for the 49ers. How much does he win the middle of the field against Chiefs linebacker Nick Bolton, who was a star in last year’s Super Bowl?

Who wins third down? San Francisco ranked third in the NFL at 48.7 percent in the regular season, and that number went up to 57.1 percent in two playoff games. Kansas City ranked eighth in the NFL in third-down stop rate in the regular season at 36.4 percent and limited Baltimore to three-of-11 in the AFC championship game. Kansas City converted 42.9 percent in the regular season on third down, and San Francisco allowed a 41.7-percent success rate in the regular season. Will Mahomes make magic plays on the money down?

The total is right on target here. Kansas City has allowed more than 24 points in one game this season, and that defense might make the difference in the fourth quarter one more time. If the Chiefs need a score with the game on the line late, then can you trust Mahomes? San Francisco allowed 26 points per game in the playoffs. This will be a 27-21 game either way, and our guess is Mahomes finds a way to win a third Super Bowl. Chiefs + 2 1/2 & Money Line +110

Tokens
Article by Bobby Lancer with [DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders ~[Cleveland OH]

The game between the Chiefs and 49ers will be a rematch of Super Bowl LIV, when Kansas City won 31-20.
Kansas City came into Sunday's AFC Championship Game as an underdog, As far as the odds are concerned, though, they will be underdogs once again against the 49ers in the Super Bowl.
Compared to the last three Chiefs teams that reached the Super Bowl, this one didn't dominate throughout the regular season and faced plenty of doubt heading into the postseason. Kansas City proved this year, however, that any team coached by Andy Reid and led by Mahomes has a fighting chance.
San Francisco came into the season hungry for a Super Bowl, and the 49ers have looked like one of the top teams in football all year. Led by star running back Christian McCaffrey and promising quarterback Brock Purdy, the 49ers certainly have what it takes to keep up with Kansas City's electric offense. With a powerful offense and a more than capable defense, the 49ers will look to avenge the Super Bowl loss from 2019.
However, with the way Mahomes has played this postseason, the Chiefs will be tough to beat.
Prediction: Chiefs 27,49ers 21

Tokens
Defensively, Kansas City is allowing 13.7 points and 322.7 yards per game.

Defensively, San Francisco is allowing 21 points and 330 yards per game.

San Francisco 49ers are probably the better, more balanced team and should be favored. The 49ers are winning, but they’ve failed to cover each of their last 3 games and 5 of their last 7 games overall. However, the Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes, and I’m just not betting against the guy. There are a handful of players in sports you don’t bet against, and Mahomes has become one of those players. Michal Jordan, Tom Brady, Michael Phelps are on that short list as well. Mahomes as an underdog also has terrific value when you consider he’s 10-1-1 ATS as an underdog throughout his career, and 9 of those 10 covers were outright victories. Oddsmakers have made the Chiefs underdogs twice in these playoffs, and neither game was that competitive. Steve Spagnuolo having two weeks to game plan for Purdy is something I like. I’m not betting against Mahomes, a guy who is 28 years old and chasing down his third ring, especially when I can get plus money on him. Give me the Chiefs ML on Super Bowl Sunday.
Should be favored really no way imho

Tokens

First Touchdown Scorer Tips

Chiefs First TD Tips

• Isiah Pacheco: 10.8% probability
  • Rashee Rice: 8.5% probability
  • Travis Kelce: 7.8% probability
  • Mecole Hardman: 3.4% probability
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 2.7% probability

49ers First TD Tips

• Christian McCaffrey: 22.6% probability
  • Brandon Aiyuk: 8.5% probability
  • George Kittle: 7.3% probability
  • Deebo Samuel: 6.9% probability
  • Ray-Ray McCloud: 1.9% probability
  • Anytime Touchdown Scorer Tips

Chiefs Anytime TD Tips

• Isiah Pacheco: 46.6% probability
    • Rashee Rice: 38.7% probability
    • Travis Kelce: 36.1% probability
    • Mecole Hardman: 17.7% probability
    • Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 13.3% probability
    • 49ers Anytime TD Tips

• Christian McCaffrey: 75.6% probability
      • Brandon Aiyuk: 36.4% probability
      • George Kittle: 33.0% probability
      • Deebo Samuel: 32.2% probability
      • Ray-Ray McCloud: 10.9% probability
    • Chiefs-49ers Projected Player Stats

Of the starting quarterbacks, the Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes is projected for 270 passing yards, while the 49ers' Brock Purdy is expected to throw for 268 yards.

Handicapper
Tokens

Too much copy and paste Harry. This was for the Detroit/SF game two weeks ago.

You should just write your own analysis...
I know youre a fan of ClE Insiders and you basically tail their perceptions. But proof reading helps before you post...
GL

Tokens
Handicapping information copied & pasted from Internet Sports Media. Bleacher Report, Inc., USA Today Sports Media Group, Pro Football Weekly's & NFL Weather.com, Football Stats and History, and other sources connected with NFL Sports. * *****Stats taken from Power Ratings Danny Sheridan power rating, Dunkel Index power, B&Rs Expert Consensus rating, with DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders ~[Cleveland OH] Jerry Nyles NFL Capper, Mike Stewart NFL Capper, Sports Analyst Robert Vinaltti, Harold Johnson NFL Analyst, Kyle Davis NFL Capper, Sam Trever NFL Capper, Steve Davis NFL Analyst, Sal Siciliano ,NFL Capper, Harvey DeCarlo NFL Capper Bobby Lancer NFL Analyst Handicapper, There Exclusive Ratings & There Calculated Point Spreads With Trends & Statistics and Indicators. Intelligent Analysis of the NFL.

My betting system is heavily dependent on statistics, requiring some data gathering and assumption building regarding future performance. My analysis with information using three Power ratings with a comparison factoring in home team edges. Trying to analyze a clear idea what teams are inflated with the point spread. Looking at stats from many different media sources with the point spreads compared to all three power ratings. Danny Sheridan power rating, Dunkel Index power rating, & *****The DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders rating is a must. I use [is based on his model that factors in defense and offense statistics including points scored, points given up, win-loss record, and strength of games played and remaining. It indicates who is actually the better teams irrespective of record]. My picks are free on Rx Form and always be just that... and way I see it when I win you win. Have a great following and some great acquaintances on this form over a couple years that follow my posts with picks and also bets. What you bet is your personal business and what bet is mine. It's not how much you bet, it's all about winning. Ladies & Gentlemen of jury [ Rx members] My record this season is 4X my bankroll last season 5X bankroll speaks for itself!!!!!! Average of 2K people look at my posts, so I must be doing something right as rain//LOL !!!!I

Tokens
B&Rs Expert Power Rating, with DVAXN Group 25 NFL Football Outsiders ~

Christian McCaffrey +3

Isiah Pacheco +2

49ers Offense Line +2

Chiefs Offense Line +2

49ers Defensive Line + 2

Chiefs Defensive Line +3

George Kittle +1

Travis Kelce +3

Brock Purdy+2

Patrick Mahomes +4

Special Teams 49ers +2

Special Teams Chiefs +3

49ers Coaching Staff +3

Chiefs Coaching Staff +6

~Chiefs Plus Advantage~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nnhoa877
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com